- Vitamins With a Cause - UnaBellaVita upholds a one-for-one pledge. This means for every bottle of vitamins you purchase, a year's worth of vitamins are given to a child in need. Our mission is to end vitamin & mineral deficiency around the world, a.k.a. hidden hunger.
- Highest Quality & Purity - UnaBellaVita sources only the finest ingredients. Since 2010, the UnaBellaVita team has searched far & wide to perfect its manufacturing practices. We have gone to great lengths in securing raw materials & formulas suitable for you & your family. Compare our products to those found at Whole Foods.
- Made in the USA With a 100% Money-Back Guarantee - Our vitamins are made in the USA & are cGMP ("current Good Manufacturing Practice") certified. We at UnaBellaVita stand by the quality of our product & its benefits to your body. If in any way, you are not satisfied, we will happily provide a no questions asked, 100% money-back guarantee.
- 100% Recycled & Sustainable - We care about our environment & we know you do too! That is why UnaBellaVita products are all made from post-consumer recycled bottles. Please remember to recycle our bottles after you fully enjoy the goodness within!
- This Product's Benefits for You - Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) is a fat-soluble vitamin. It is known as the "sunshine" vitamin because it is formed in the body by the action of the sun's ultraviolet rays on the skin. The major biologic function of Vitamin D is to maintain normal blood levels of calcium and phosphorus. Vitamin D aids in the absorption of calcium, thereby helping to form and maintain strong bones.
Details: Our Mission: Buy One Give One Beautiful Life | Every bottle you buy gives a year's worth of vitamins to a child in need. Our mission is to help cure vitamin and mineral deficiencies, a.k.a. hidden hunger. Vitamins are the best investment in the world for the development of a child. "In the early stages of life, the die is cast. If a child is not getting the right micronutrients, the effect is permanent ... I had never seen anything in my life that could have so much impact for so little money and be sustainable," - David Dodson, Founder of Project Healthy Children (quoted by Nick Kristof in World's Healthiest Food). Our Product: Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) is a fat-soluble vitamin. It is known as the "sunshine" vitamin because it is formed in the body by the action of the sun's ultraviolet rays on the skin. Vitamin D is converted in the kidneys to the hormone calcitriol, which is actually the most active form of Vitamin D. The effects of this hormone are targeted at the intestines and bones. The major biologic function of Vitamin D is to maintain normal blood levels of calcium and phosphorus. Vitamin D aids in the absorption of calcium, thereby helping to form and maintain strong bones. It promotes bone mineralization in concert with a number of other vitamins, minerals, and hormones. Without Vitamin D, bones can become thin, brittle, soft, or misshapen. Vitamin D prevents skeletal diseases such as rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults which cause defects and weaken bones. Research Indicates: Important nutrient for bone health Deficiency has been linked with increased hip fractures May support healthy joint function Vitamin D deficiency causes rickets May be important for healthy immune function May support overall skin health Some evidence indicates that steroids may impair Vitamin D metabolism